Shrimp Linguine in a Tomato and White Wine Sauce with Govone Gavi di Gavi
This healthy dish is full of strong flavours yet light textures. The tomato and white wine sauce makes it a great match for a glass of Gavi di Gavi.
1. Heat the oil in the pan.
2. Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and chili pepper flakes and cook until sweet smelling aromas occur.
4. Add the Gavi di Gavi and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and oregano and simmer until the sauce just starts to thicken, about 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook the pasta as directed.
7. Season the tomato sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Add the shrimp to the tomato sauce and simmer until cooked.
9. Remove the tomato sauce from the heat and mix in the parsley and basil.
10. Drain the pasta, toss in the tomato sauce and serve with Gavi di Gavi.