One-Pot Chicken Drumsticks with Beluga Lentils and Despierta Tempranillo
This one-pot chicken dish will definitely get the taste buds going! The wonderful smoky paprika flavours pair beautifully with our Despierta Tempranillo.
1. In a large casserole dish that can go from hob to oven, heat 3 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Season the chicken drumsticks with the seasoning salt and red chili flakes, then brown on all sides, should take about 5 minutes. The chicken won't be cooked through, but we will finish cooking it in the oven. Take the chicken drumsticks out and set aside.
3. Turn the heat down to medium and add the leeks and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the leeks soften and become translucent.
4. Stir in the smoked paprika, then add the beluga lentils, and white wine.
5. Add the chicken broth, Sriracha sauce, stir everything together and taste for seasoning.
6. Preheat your oven to 190°C.
7. Cook the lentils for about 10 minutes, they will not be cooked through. Add the courgette to the pot then place the chicken on top of everything.
8. Cook in the oven for about 1 hour or until the lentils are cooked through.
9. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve right away with a big glass of Despierta Tempranilo.