Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad with our Sauvignon de Touraine
Start the year off right with a healthy Mediterranean-infused salad with marinated Greek chicken. This dish is healthy, but jam packed with flavour. With it only consisting of 20 minutes to make – it makes it a Wine Cellar Club staff favourite! A refreshing glass of our Sauvignon de Touraine from Domaine de la Renaudie.
1. Whisk together all the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken breasts and toss them around making sure they are fully covered in the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to up to 4 hours.
2. Heat up your grill so that it's around 200°C.
3. In the meantime whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
4. In a larger bowl toss the lettuce, cucumber, red onion, pepper, tomatoes, and olives together.
5. Grill the chicken on both sides, about 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink and is cooked through. Dispose of the remaining marinade.
6. Let the chicken cool for about 5 minutes before slicing it into ½ inch slices.
7. Add a thin stream of the prepared dressing over the salad and toss well. Add the cheese to the salad and mix.
8. Serve with the sliced chicken breast over the salad and avocado slices. This pairs wonderfully with a glass of our Domaine de la Renaudie Sauvignon de Touraine.